Friday, January 15, 2010

Wicked [01.09.10] review.

I went to see wicked for a 3rd time on January 9th 2010 in San Francisco. The cast is as follows:
  • Elphaba Angel Reda
  • Glinda Kendra Kassebaum
  • Fiyero Nicolas Dromard
  • The Wizard Tim Talman
  • Madame Morrible Patty Duke
  • Boq Eddy Rioseco
  • NessaRose Deedee Magno Hall
  • Dr. Dillamond Tim Parker
I was bummed that there was no Vickie Noon considering it was the matinee for Saturday afternoon.

No One Mourns The Wicked My favorite scene! I just love when the curtain goes up and that unlimited melody starts playing and the ensemble just jumps up with so much joy! No One Mourns The Wicked was perfect, as usual.

Dear Old Shiz I love the part where Elphaba runs out! It gets me all teary eyed for some reason :).

The Wizard and I Now I get to see who Angel Reda is. I liked her The Wizard and I, I just felt that at the part where Elphaba says "alright why not!" she could had used more feeling. But other than that, she did this song wonderfully!

What Is This Feeling I love when Elphaba's mock Galinda's! And the booty bump! Their performance for this song was great. Only complaint was that Elphaba's "BOO!" could had been louder.

Something Bad I felt they cut this song short this time.

Dancing Through Life No complaints. Nicolas did great, as always. Eddy had a lot more feeling into his "you're touching me!" I liked that, a lot!

Popular Still the cutest scene ever. Gotta love how Kendra doesnt seem to have trouble letting go of her silly side in this scene! Nothing fell off the bed this time (last time I saw Wicked a pillow fell off the bed hehe).

I'm Not That Girl During the toss toss class scene, Angel didnt have that wicked witch laugh after the toss toss. I liked her I'm Not That Girl. And the cub scene where she starts getting upset that she startled the cub, amazing.

Defying Gravity
(I know I cut some songs out, there wasnt anything to say about them) Angel did AMAZING on Defying Gravity! AMAZING!

Wonderful
Despite my complaints about Angel's acting in previous scenes, I think she did great with this one.

As Long As You're Mine
Great chemistry between Nicolas and Angel in this scene. They either cut out the part where Fiyero says "we havent lived there in centuries" or he just forgot it.
Nicolas smoothly landed after the cat fight scene :)

No Good Deed
Great! There was so much emotion put into the part where she falls to the floor after saying Fiyero.

For Good
I felt Kendra had less feeling in the "they're just shoes, LET IT GO" part. But other than that, this scene was heart tugging. As always.

I know a lot of people aim to see different people play different parts, but I guess with me I like seeing what I know. Though I was bummed that Vickie wasnt there, I really really enjoyed seeing Angel perform.

My sister in law and I finally got to Stage Door! I was so excited! I got Eddy, Tim, Angel and Nicolas to sign my playbill. Got a chance to chat a bit with Nicolas and introduce myself and ask about my email he never sent lol. And Angel is the sweetest and coolest person ever! She got out there pretty quick and her hair was still wet. She went around signing and taking pictures and went back in. How sweet of her :)

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Image by me